Global Mission Update: January 2017
Posted on January 25, 2017 by Brandon West
West Designs wants to thank our clients and team for an incredible 2016. Because of you, we’ve been able to further our global mission in some huge ways.
Sponsoring Two Children Through Compassion International
Part of our Global Mission is supporting children through Compassion International, a child-advocacy ministry that releases children from physical, spiritual, social, and economic poverty.
Mighel is 7 years old and lives in Indonesia, in the coastal community of Tegalombo. He’s in the equivalent of first grade, and enjoys cars and running. We’ve been sponsoring Mighel since April 2015.
Fatima turned 5 in October. She’s not yet in school and lives in the mountainous community of Caserío El Tablón in El Salvador, where she likes to play house with her dolls. Fatima is new to our family! We began sponsoring Fatima in November 2016.
International Care and Support
In addition to Miguel and Fatima, thanks to you, we’ve been able to provide the following:
- Rescue for a child from a dangerous situation of abuse or violation.
- A water well to give Compassion-assisted children and their families access to safe water.
- A newborn care package of blankets, soaps, lotions, towels, and diapers for a new mother.
- Emergency food, water, and shelter for times of crisis and loss following a disaster.
- Medical care and counseling support for those suffering from HIV and AIDS.
- Solar panels to provide a steady source of electricity for a Compassion center.
- Copies of age-appropriate Bibles in native languages so children can grow in faith.
- Bicycles to ensure that children have a safe, efficient way to attend school.
- Livestock for a steady source of nutrition and to sell in the market.
- Drought-resistant fruit and vegetable seeds and agricultural training for families living at extreme risk of famine.
- Training for parents of Compassion-assisted children to receive training in jobs they can perform in their communities.
We’re incredibly humbled to be able to have such a global impact in these ways and with Mighel and Fatima.
We have some huge things in store for 2017. We’re impacting Gainesville, impacting Florida, and impacting the world. Everything we’re able to do is directly because of the people we work with – our clients and our team – and we’re really excited to partner with you to fulfill our Global Mission.